Optimal start position
- High level pre-contraction of the trunk erector muscles are maximally tightened.
- The high extensor and the buttock muscles are highly increased, while the are extensor muscles are relaxed.
- The angle of the hip joint is 50-56 degrees.
- The angle of the knee joint is 80-86 degrees.
- The angle of the ankle joint is 61-63 degrees.
- The shoulders are 4-8cm before the vertical plane of the bar.
The grip width in the starting position is considered here with respect to the clean. After the completion of the clean, but before starting the jerk, it may be corrected usually to a wider grip.